Closing date: 23 February 2018 (midnight, Sydney time).
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Algorithms
School of Computer Science and Engineering
Faculty of Engineering
Job ID 60594
[Note: UNSW also has Lecturer to Professor position openings in Data Science (job ID 60687) and in Medical Image Computing (job ID 60689) with application deadlines on 23 February 2018.]
- One of the world's top engineering universities
- Cutting edge facilities and world-leading researchers
- Commitment to educational excellence and innovation in teaching
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Engineering is recruiting outstanding and inspirational individuals to join our world-leading group of researchers and teachers to build on our success and take the Faculty into the world's top 20 engineering faculties.
As Australia's leading engineering faculty, we create bold new solutions to globally relevant challenges to improve lives. We combine the world's best facilities and innovative research with an exciting and connected education experience to open doors for our graduates.
About the role.
We are recruiting for an exceptional candidate into the School's research priority area of Algorithms.
The role will conduct high impact research in Algorithms, and deliver outstanding teaching and student experience in the discipline of Computer Science and Engineering, build industry engagement and contribute significantly to the leadership, service and engagement missions of the School and Faculty.
The appointment would be:
- at level B ($103K - $121K per annum), level C ($125K - $143K per annum) or level D ($149K - $164K per annum), plus 17% superannuation (retirement fund) and leave loading per annum, commensurate with academic qualifications and experience,
- full time
- to a Convertible Tenure Track Employment Contract for an initial fixed term period of 5 years, with conversion to continuing appointment based on satisfactory performance and there being sufficient productive work available.
The Faculty reserves the right to offer an appointment on a continuing basis or to directly appoint to advertised positions.
The School of Computer Science and Engineering.
UNSW's School of Computer Science and Engineering is one of the largest and most prestigious computing schools in Australia. It offers undergraduate programs in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science and Bioinformatics, as well as a number of combined degrees with other disciplines. It attracts excellent students who have an outstanding record in international competitions. At the postgraduate level there is a large PhD research program and coursework programs at the Master's and Graduate Diploma level in Computing and Information Technology and at Graduate Certificate level in Computing. Our research mission is to be at the forefront of research into new and exciting innovations with profound national and international impact. For further information about the School, please visit http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW Algorithms group: http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~algo/
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who has:
- A PhD in a relevant field
- Proven track record in research and attracting research funding
- A commitment to delivering high quality and innovative teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels.
UNSW desires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aspires to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, paying particular attention to ensuring no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability or Indigenous origin.
Engineering strongly encourages female applicants and actively supports women to succeed through specific Faculty and UNSW initiatives and generous parental leave provisions and flexible work practices.
Applicants with industry experience are especially welcome.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment.
How to apply.
Submit your application through www.jobs.unsw.edu.au Job ID 60594
Be sure to review the position documentation and systematically address the selection criteria in your application.
Any enquiries can be forwarded to Professor Maurice Pagnucco, Head of School
T: +61 9385 5518
Applications close: Midnight, Friday 23 February 2018 (AEDT)
* Contributions to be spread via DMANET are submitted to
* Replies to a message carried on DMANET should NOT be
* addressed to DMANET but to the original sender. The
* original sender, however, is invited to prepare an
* update of the replies received and to communicate it
* via DMANET.
* DISCRETE MATHEMATICS AND ALGORITHMS NETWORK (DMANET)